It’s been raining all week. The cold has stuck to glass windows as the wind paired the rain to every object in sight. Some love the rain, many despise it. The ones who love the rain see the cleansing. The ones who hate it see their plans deferred or adjustments to schedules they initially didn’t have in mind. Either way, it’s life.
Today is Sunday and the sun came back like a dog you can give a treat. The sun beamed in the sky with promise that today would be bright. And so it was…
I went to a hotel room to see my beloved friends who are in town for the weekend.
I crossed my legs on the pull out couch as my sister set next to me, across sat my two friends with slight grins as we caught each other up on life’s many happenings. Our time was short but our words were long. And so we dive in to what can’t wait until our next meet up.
I love to see my friends especially growing, glowing, flowing and learning. That’s the thing with real friends, more like family, you want to see them at their best and celebrate their success with them.
I was reminded of how far we’ve come individually and collectively. It gave me a greater sense of hope that all is working together. Here’s what I learned the most:
- God makes personal, unexplainable visits.
2. Experiences toughen your skin in ways advice doesn’t.
3. Family teaches you how deep your love can go.
4. Respect is a choice that you have control over.
5. Babies are precious.
6. Love is worth fighting for with the right person who wants the same thing as you do.
7. No matter how many seasons come and go, you can always stabilize your beliefs.
It’s going to be a great year. I hope you’re surrounded by people who see the best in you and only wants the best for you.